Befrienders Always Needed
Befriending is fun – Why not join in?
New Befriending Vacancies
Can you spare one hour a week to visit an older person? Many people find it a rewarding experience!
We have had a great response with new volunteers coming forward, particularly young people wanting to get involved.
We particularly need some mature volunteers who can visit weekdays, during the day when people are most likely to be alone.
There are several opportunities in Sprowston, Old Catton and Hellesdon where befrienders are needed. Some just need conversation while others need the volunteer to have some experience but training will be given. A desire to help alleviate loneliness is the most important factor.
There are other opportunities in all these areas:-
• Yarmouth Road, Kett’s Hill, St Leondard’s Road
• Pelham Road, Mousehold Street, Bull Close Road
• Burgess Road, Half Mile Road, Knight’s Road
• West Pottergate, Douro Place, Devonshire Street
• Welsford Road, Pettus Road, Buckingham Road
• Jerningham Road, Larkman Road, Knowland Grove
• Bradecroft, Seabrook Court, Alnwich Court
• Moore Ave, Mansel Drive, Pioneer Road, Redmayne View
• Dalbier Close, Recreation Ground Road, Lone Barn Road, Linton Cres, Falcon Road West
• Hobart Square, Warminger Court, Ashby Court, The Great Hospital Prior Court
• Cecil Road, Theobald Road, The Mustard Mill Trowse
If you have been thinking about volunteering, now is a good time to contact Sheena on 01603 496330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Sheena looks forward to hearing from you.